Free download NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.1 & 13.2 of surface areas and volumes (Cube and cuboids) in English Medium and Hindi Medium free to use online. NCERT Solutions for class 9 maths all chapters or other subjects NCERT Solutions are also available to free download. The solutions of other exercises like Exercise 13.3 & 13.4 or Exercise 13.5 & 13.6 or Exercise 13.7 & 13.8 or Exercise 13.9 are also given to use online in both the medium.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.1 & 13.2
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 10 Maths Exercise 13.1 & 13.2
9 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.1 & 13.2 in Hindi
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Class 9 Maths – Surface Areas and Volumes (Cubes and Cuboids)
Extra Questions with Answers based on Exercise 13.1 and Exercise 13.2
- The measurements of a luggage box are 48 cm, 36 cm, 28 cm. how many sq. cm of cloth is required to make a cover for the box? [Answer: 8160 cm²]
- The floor of a rectangular hall has a perimeter 250 m. its height is 6 m. Find the cost of painting its four walls (including doors etc.) at the rate of ₹ 6 per square metre. [Answer: ₹ 9000]
- A swimming pool is 20 m in length, 15 m in breadth and 4 m in depth. Find the cost of cementing its floor and wall at the rate of ₹ 12 per square metre. [Answer: ₹ 6960]
- The paint in a certain container is sufficient to paint an area equal to 17.25 m². How many bricks of dimensions 45 cm x 10 cm x 7.5 cm can be painted out of this container? [Answer: 100]
- A cubical box has each edge 20 cm and another cuboidal box is 22.5 cm long, 10 cm wide and 8 cm high.
(a) Which box has the grater lateral surface area and by how much?
(b) Which box has the smaller total surface area and by how much? [Answer: (a) First, 1080 cm2 (b) Second, 1430 cm2]
- A plot of land in the form of a rectangular has a dimension 120 m x 160 m. A drain let of 10 m wide is dug all around it (on the outside) and the earth dug out is evenly spread over the plot, increasing its surface level by 20 cm. Find the depth of the drain let. [Answer: 0.64 m]
- A reservoir is in the form of a rectangular parallelepiped (cuboid). Its length is 30 m. if 36 kl of water is removed from the reservoir the water level goes down by 18 cm. Find the width of the reservoir. [1 kl = 1 m³] [Answer: 6 2/3 m]
- Find the cost of digging a cuboidal pit of 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m deep at the rate of ₹ 20 per m³. [Answer: ₹ 2880]
- (a) A solid cube is cut into cuboids of equal volumes. Find the ratio of the total surface area of the given cube and that of one of the cuboids.
(b) How many 3 metre cubes can be cut from a cuboid measuring 18 m x 12 m x 9 m?
[Answer: (a) 3 : 2 (b) 72]