Free download NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 coordinate geometry in English Medium and Hindi Medium to use online. Click here to get PDF of all chapters of Class IX Maths solutions. This page provides only online solutions of chapter 3.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 3
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 9 Maths Chapter 3
9 Maths Chapter 3 All Exercises in Hindi
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Class 9 Maths – Coordinate Geometry
Important Questions for practice
- In which quadrant do the given points lie.
(i) (3, -2) (ii) (17, –30), (iii) (–2, 5), (iv) (–50, –20) (v) (10, 100) (vi) (–81, 80). [Answer: (i) IV Quadrant (ii) IV Quadrant (iii) II Quadrant (iv) III Quadrant (v) I Quadrant (vi) II Quadrant]
- On which axes do the given points lie. (i) (11, 0), (ii) (–11, 0), (iii) 0, 14) (iv) (0, –100) [Answer: (i) x – axis, (ii) x – axis, (iii) y – axis, (iv) y – axis]
- The abscissa and ordinate of a point are –3 and –5 respectively then write down the ordered pair. [Answer: (-3, -5)]
- Write the name of the point where both axes intersect? [Answer: Origin]
- Is P(7, 0) and Q (0, 7) represent the same point? [Answer: Yes]
- In which quadrant x coordinate is negative? [Answer: II and III Quadrant]
- Name the figure formed when we plot the points (0, 0), (4, 4) and (0, 4) on a graph paper. [Answer: Right angled triangle]
- In which quadrant, does the point with values x > 0 and y > 0 exists. [Answer: I Quadrant]
- In the Cartesian plane the linear equation x – 5 = 0 is parallel to which axes? [Answer: y – axis]
- Write the coordinates of the fourth vertex of a square when three of its vertices are given by (1, 2) (5, 2) (5, –2). [Answer: (1, -2)]
- The perpendicular distance of the point P (5, 2) from x-axis is _______ and from y-axis is _______. [Answer: 2 units from x – axis and 5 units from y – axis]
- The perpendicular distance of the point Q (–116, –80) from x-axis is _______ and from y-axis is _______. [Answer: 80 units from x – axis and 116 units from y – axis]
- Write the mirror image of the point S(–5, 7) by using x-axis is _______. [Answer: (-5, -7)]
- Find the distance of the point P(4, 0) from origin. [Answer: 4 units]
- Draw the lines of coordinate axes on the plane of a graph paper and plot the given points: (i) A (3, 5) (ii) B (–7/2, 0), (iii) C (2, –6) (iv) D (–6, –4) (v) E (0, –5/2) (vi) F (8, 0).
- Point P(4, 3) is in the first quadrant. Find the coordinate of the point Q, opposite to P in fourth quadrant. [Answer: (4, -3)]
- Find the distance of point P (8, 3) from x axis. [Answer: 3 units]
- Write the name of the figure formed by joining the points A (–3, 0), B (0, 3) and C(3, 0) in the Cartesian plane. [Answer: Isosceles triangle]
- Write the coordinates of the point that lies on y-axis and is at a distance of 2 units in upward direction. [Answer: (0, 2)]
- Draw a line segment on a graph paper whose end points lies in first quadrant and third quadrant. Write the coordinates of its end points and midpoint of line segment.
- Plot point A(7, 6) and B (7, –6) on graph paper. Join the points and answer of the following: (i) It is a line or not. (ii) Write the coordinate of the point where it cuts the x-axis? (iii) If it is a line, then which axis is parallel to this line?
- Draw a triangle on graph paper having the coordinates of its vertices are A (–2, 0), B (4, 0) and C (1, 5). Also find the area of triangle. [Answer: 15 square units]
- If we plot the points P(5, 0), Q (5, 5), R(–5, 5) and S (–5, 0), which figure will we get? Name the symmetrical axis of this figure? [Answer: Rectangle, y – axis]
- Find the coordinate of a point which is equidistant from the two points (–4, 0) and (4, 0). How many of such points are possible satisfying the condition? [Answer: any point on y – axis, infinite]
- Draw a quadrilateral with vertices A (4, 3), B(–4, 3), C(–4, –3) and D(4, –3). Draw its diagonals and write the coordinates of a point where they cuts on a graph paper? [Answer: At origin (0, 0)]
- A rectangular fields is of length 10 units & breadth 8 units. One of its vertex lie on the origin. The longer side is along x-axis and one of its vertices lie in first quadrant. Find all the vertices.
- Plot the points B (5, 3), E(5, 1), S (0, 1) and T(0, 3) and answer the following: (i) Join the points and name the figure obtained. (ii) Find the area of figure. (iii) Which mathematical concept has been used in this problem?