NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 9 Exercise 9.1 questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 in English Medium and Hindi Medium PDF form online or download in PDF format. NCERT solutions for class 10 all subjects. Download Exercise 9.1 questions 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13 14, 15 and 16 in PDF form.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 9 Exercise 9.1
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 10 Maths Exercise 9.1
Class 10 Maths Exercise 9.1 Solutions in Hindi Medium
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Important Questions with answer based on Some Applications of Trigonometry
- The height of a tower is 10m. What is the length of its shadow when sun’s altitude is 45o. [Answer: 10m]
- A ladder 15m long just reaches the top of a vertical wall. If the ladder makes an angle of 60 with the wall. Find the height of the wall. [Answer: 7.5√3m]
- A pole 6cm high casts a shadow 2√3 m long on the ground, then find the sun’s elevation. [Answer: 60]
- A bridge across a river makes an angle of 45o with the river bank. If the length of the bridge across the river is 150m, then find the width of the river. [Answer: 75√2m]
- A 6m tall tree casts a shadow of length 4m. If at the same time a flagpole casts a shadow 50m in length, then find the length of the flagpole. [Answer: 75m]
- A tree breaks due to storm and the broken part bends so that the top of the tree touches the ground making an angle of 30o with the ground. The distance between the foot of the tree to the point where the top touches the ground is 8m. Find the height of the tree. [Answer: 8√3m]
- A kite is flying at a height of 60m above the ground. The string attached to the kite is temporarily tied to a point on the ground. The inclination of the string to the ground is 60o. Find the length of the string assuming that there is no slack in the string. [Answer: 40√3m]
- The angle of elevation of the top of a hill at the foot of the tower is 60o and the angle of elevation of the top of the tower from the foot of the hill is 30o. If the tower is 50m high, find the height of the hill. [Answer: 150m]
- From the top of a 7m high building, the angle of elevation of the top of a cable tower is 60o and the angle of depression of the foot of the tower is 30o. Find the height of the tower. [Answer: 28m]