Free download NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.3 & 13.4 of Surface areas and volumes in English Medium and Hindi Medium free to use online. NCERT Books Solutions for class 9 Maths and other subjects are also given. The solutions of other exercises like Exercise 13.1 & 13.2 or Exercise 13.5 & 13.6 or Exercise 13.7 & 13.8 or Exercise 13.9 are also given to use online.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.3 & 13.4
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 10 Maths Exercise 13.3 & 13.4
9 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.3 & 13.4 in Hindi
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes
Extra Questions With Answers – For Practice for Exams
- A wall of length 20 m was to be built across an open ground. The height of the wall is 9 m and the thickness of the wall is 24 cm. if this wall is to be built up with bricks whose dimensions are 18 cm x 10 cm x 6 cm, how many bricks would be required? [Answer: 40,000]
- A closed iron tank of 12 m long, 9 m wide and 4 m deep is to be made. Determine the cost of iron sheet used at the rate of ₹ 5 per metre sheets, sheets being 2 m wide. What value is depicted in the question? [Answer: ₹ 960, Economical, Reasoning]
- A cube of 7 cm edge is immersed completely in a rectangular vessel containing water. If the dimensions of the base are 21 cm and 15 cm, find the rise in water level in the vessel. [Answer: 1.08 cm]
- The diagonal of a cube is 8√3 cm. Find its surface area and volume. [Answer: 384 cm², 512 cm³]
- The length and the breadth of a rectangular park are in the ratio 8 : 5. A path, 1.5 m wide running all around the outside of the park has an area of 594 m². Find the dimension of the park. [Answer: 120 m, 75 m]
- A field is 250 m long and 30 m broad. A tank of 30 m long, 10 m broad and 6 m deep is dug in the field and the earth taken out of it is spread evenly over the field. Find by how much the level of field is raised? [Answer: 25 cm]
- Find the area and perimeter of a square plot of land whose diagonal is 24 m long. Find the answer correct to two decimal places. [Answer: 288 m², 67.88 m]
- The lateral surface area of a cube is 256 cm². Find its volume. [Answer: 512 cm³]
- A matchbox measures 4cm x 2.5 cm x 1.5 cm. What will be the volume of a packet containing 12 such boxes? [Answer: 180 cm²]
- The ratio of height of two cylinders is 5:3, as well as the ratio of their radii is 2:3. Find the ratio of the volumes of the cylinders. [Answer: 20:27]
- Find the area of canvas required for a conical tent of height 24 m and base radius 7 m. [Answer: 550 m²]
- Find the ratio of total surface area of a sphere and a hemisphere of same radius. [Answer: 4:3]
- The surface area of the cuboid is 1372 sq. cm. If its dimensions are in the ratio of 4:2:1. Then find its length. [Answer: 7 cm]
- If the radius and length of a cone are r/2 and 2L. Then find its total surface area.
- A cone and a hemisphere have equal base and equal volumes. Find the ratio of their heights. [Answer: 2:1]