NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.4 Surface Areas & Volumes – Mensuration online in English Medium and Hindi Medium to view without download as well as PDF file or Chose the other exercises like Exercise 13.1 or Exercise 13.2 or Exercise 13.3 or Exercise 13.5 to use it online or offline. NCERT Solutions for Class 10th all subjects in PDF form and in ZIP format are given to download.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.4
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 10 Maths Exercise 13.4
Class 10 Maths Exercise 13.4 Solutions in Hindi Medium
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Important Questions with Answers for Practice for Exams
Surface areas and Volumes Exercise 13.4
- A bucket is in the form of a frustum of a cone and hold a 28.490 litres of water. The radii of the top and bottom are 28 cm and 21 cm respectively. Find the height of the bucket. [Answer: 15 cm]
- A cone of radius 8cm and height 12cm is divided into two parts by a plane through the mid-point of its axis parallel to its base. Find the ratio of the volumes of the two parts. [Answer: 1:7 or 7:1]
- The height of a cone is 60 cm. A small cone is cut off at the top by a plane parallel to the base and its volume is 1/64th the volume of original cone. Find the height from the base at which the section is made? [Answer: 45 cm]
- The slant height of a frustum of a cone is 4 cm and the perimeter of its circular ends are18cm and 6 cm. Find the curved surface area of the frustum [use π = 22/7]. [Answer: 48 cm²]
- A plumb line is a combination of which geometric shapes? [Answer: A cone with hemisphere]
- The slant height of the frustum of a cone is 5 cm. If the difference between the radii of its two circular ends is 4cm. Write the height of the frustum. [Answer: 3 cm]
- The slant height of the frustum of a cone is 4 cm and the circumferences of its circular ends are 18 cm and 6 cm. Find curved surface area and total surface area of the frustum. [Answer: 48 cm², 76.63 cm²]
- A bucket is in the form of a frustum of a cone with a capacity of 12308.8 cm³. The radii of the top and bottom circular ends of the bucket are 20 cm and 12 cm respectively. Find the height of the bucket and also the area of metal sheet used in making it [take π = 3.14]? [Answer: L = 14 cm, Area = 2160.32 cm²]