NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 10 Exercise 10.1 Visualizing Solid Shapes in English Medium and Hindi Medium free to use online. The solutions of each question is given properly in Hindi and English.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 10 Exercise 10.1
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 8 Maths Exercise 10.1
8 Maths Chapter 10 Exercise 10.1 in Hindi
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
- The ratio of the number of general stores and that of the ground is
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 2 : 1 (c) 2 : 3 (d) 3 : 2
- Side of a square garden is 30 m. If the scale used to draw its picture is 1cm: 5m, the perimeter of the square in the picture is
(a) 20 cm (b) 24 cm (c) 28 cm (d) 30 cm
- In a solid if F = V = 5, then the number of edges in this shape is
(a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 8 (d) 2
- In a blueprint of a room, an architect has shown the height of the room as 33 cm. If the actual height of the room is 330 cm, then the scale used by her is
(a) 1:11 (b) 1:10 (c) 1:100 (d) 1:3
- According to the map, the number of schools in the town is
(a) 4 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 2
- Which of the following 3D shapes does not have a vertex?
(a) Pyramid (b) Prism (c) Cone (d) Sphere
Fill in the blanks
- In a three-dimensional shape, diagonal is a line segment that joins two vertices that do not lie on the ______ face.
- If the sum of number of vertices and faces in a polyhedron is 14, then the number of edges in that shape is ______.
- A regular polyhedron is a solid made up of ______ faces.
- If actual distance between two places A and B is 110 km and it is represented on a map by 25 mm. Then the scale used is ______.
- If 4 km on a map is represented by 1 cm, then 16 km is represented by ______ cm.
- If a solid shape has 12 faces and 20 vertices, then the number of edges in this solid is ______.