NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 15 Exercise 15.1 Introduction to graphs in English Medium and Hindi Medium free to use online. All the solutions are done step by step in easy way to understand.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 15 Exercise 15.1
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 8 Maths Exercise 15.1
8 Maths Chapter 15 Exercise 15.1 in Hindi
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Important Questions for Practice
1. The following data : 2, 5, 15, 25, 20, 12, 8, 7, 6, 16, 21, 17, 30, 32, 23, 40, 51, 15, 2, 9, 57, 19, 25 is grouped in the classes 0 –5, 5 –10, 10 –15 etc. Find the frequency of the class 20 –25.
(a) 5 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 2
2. A geometric representation showing the relationship between a whole and its parts is a
(a) Pie chart (b) Histogram (c) Bar graph (d) Pictograph
3. A dice is thrown two times and sum of the numbers appearing on the dice are noted. The number of possible outcomes is
(a) 6 (b) 11 (c) 18 (d) 36
Which of the following is not a random experiment?
(a) Tossing a coin
(b) Rolling a dice
(c) Choosing a card from a deck of 52 cards
(d) Throwing a stone from a roof of a building
5. Which of the following is a reasonable conclusion for the given data?
(a) 1/20 th student voted for blue colour
(b) Green is the least popular colour
(c) The number of students who voted for red colour is two times the number of students who voted for yellow colour
(d) Number of students liking together yellow and green colour is approximately the same as those for red colour.
6. Ram put some buttons on the table. There were 4 blue, 7 red, 3 black and 6 white buttons in all. All of a sudden, a cat jumped on the table and knocked out one button on the floor. What is the probability that the button on the floor is blue?
(a) 7/20 (b) 3/5 (c) 1/5 (d) ¼
In a frequency distribution with classes 0 –10, 10 –20 etc., the size of the class intervals is 10. The lower limit of fourth class is
(a) 40 (b) 50 (c) 20 (d) 30