NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.1 Direct and Inverse Proportions in English Medium and Hindi Medium using easy and simplified steps. Extra questions for practice are given at the end of the page.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.1
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 8 Maths Exercise 13.1
8 Maths Chapter 13 Exercise 13.1 in Hindi
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
1. In a camp, there is enough flour for 300 persons for 42 days. How long will the flour last if 20 more persons join the camp?
2. Shree types 108 words in 6 minutes. How many words would she type in half an hour?
3. In a scout camp, there is food provision for 300 cadets for 42 days. If 50 more persons join the camp, for how many days will the provision last?
4. If Naresh walks 250 steps to cover a distance of 200 metres, find the distance travelled in 350 steps.
5. If 25 metres of cloth costs ₹ 337.50, then (i) What will be the cost of 40 metres of the same type of cloth? (ii) What will be the length of the cloth bought for ₹ 810?
1. A packet of sweets was distributed among 10 children and each of them received 4 sweets. If it is distributed among 8 children, how many sweets will each child get?
2. Shabnam takes 20 minutes to reach her school if she goes at a speed of 6 km/h. If she wants to reach school in 24 minutes, what should be her speed?
3. A car covers a distance in 40 minutes with an average speed of 60 km/h. What should be the average speed to cover the same distance in 25 minutes?
4. Under the condition that the temperature remains constant, the volume of gas is inversely proportional to its pressure. If the volume of gas is 630 cubic centimeters at a pressure of 360 mm of mercury, then what will be the pressure of the gas if its volume is 720 cubic centimeters at the same temperature?
5. A car travels a distance of 225 km in 25 litres of petrol. How many litres of petrol will be required to cover a distance of 540 kilo metres by this car?