Free download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.4 Polynomials optional exercise in English Medium and Hindi Medium PDF form. Solutions for class 10 all subjects to download are given in PDF book forms. Download Exercise 2.1 or Exercise 2.2 or Exercise 2.3 solutions PDF form or there is option to use it online.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.4
If you need solutions in Hindi, Click for Hindi Medium solutions of 10 Maths Exercise 2.4
Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.4 in Hindi Medium
To get the solutions in English, Click for English Medium solutions.
Class 10 Maths – Polynomials
Important Questions – Selected from CBSE Papers
- One zero of x³ – 12x² + 47x – 60 is 3 and the remaining two zeroes are the number of trees planted by two students.
(i) Find the total number of trees planted by both students.
(ii) Which moral values of the students is depicted here? [Answer: 9, love for environment, echo friendly, etc.]
- If 1 is a zero of the polynomial p(x) = ax² -3(a-1)x -1, then find the value of a. [Answer: 1]
- For what value of k, (-4) is zero of the polynomial x² – x – (2k+2)? [Answer: 9]
- Write a quadratic polynomial, the sum and product of whose zeroes are 3 and -2. [Answer: x²-3x-2]
- Find the zeroes of the quadratic polynomial 2x²-9-3x and verify the relationship between the zeroes and the coefficients. [Answer: 3, -3/2]
- Find the correct answer, if one of the zeroes of a quadratic polynomial of the form x²+ax + b is the negative of the other, then it
(A) has no linear term and the constant term is negative.
(B) has no linear term and the constant term is positive.
(C) can have a linear term but the constant term is negative.
(D) can have a linear term but the constant term is positive.
- Given that the zeroes of the cubic polynomial x³ – 6x² + 3x + 10 are of the form a, a + b, a + 2b for some real numbers a and b, find the values of a and b as well as the zeroes of the given polynomial.
- For which values of a and b, are the zeroes of q(x) = x³ + 2x² + a also the zeroes of the polynomial p(x) = x5 – x4 – 4x³ + 3x² + 3x + b? Which zeroes of p(x) are not the zeroes of q(x)?
- If the remainder on division of x³ + 2x² + kx +3 by x – 3 is 21, find the quotient and the value of k. Hence, find the zeroes of the cubic polynomial x³ + 2x² + kx – 18.